The Armed Forces Covenant is a scheme which allows organisations to show their support of the people who protect our country.
Businesses, charitable, and public sector organisations of all sizes support the Armed Forces through the process of signing a covenant. Individual businesses make their own promises on how they will demonstrate their support. The Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) acknowledges employers who have provided exceptional support to the armed forces community and defence by going above and beyond their covenant pledges. Through a 3 tier approach of bronze, silver and gold awards, the scheme recognises the different levels of commitment provided by employers. This allows the Ministry of Defence to publicly thank and honour those organisations for their support.
SRC UK holds the Bronze award and issued a pledge to commit to honour the covenant and support the Armed Forces community.
- That we are an Armed Forces-friendly organisation
- That we seek to support the employment of veteran and young and old working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for service leavers
- We will strive to support the employment of service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- We seek to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodation their training and deployment where possible
- To actively participate in Armed Forces day
- To offer a discount to members of the Armed Forces community wherever possible